6/15 to 6/21
Poker for the week has been pretty slow. I stayed away from tournaments for the most part the first few days of the week. I have had a bit of success playing at the cash tables so it is hard to venture too far from those. Throw in the fact that I just don’t have a ton of time to commit 5 hours to a tournament and the Heads Up SNG’s and some 2/4 and 3/6 is hard to tear myself away from. So far this week I have shown a slight profit of about $150 from Thursday till Monday. I know that is nothing to write home about but I haven’t played a lot. Last night was the most I have played and I think I put in about 150 hands at a couple of 2/4 tables and absolutely cleaned up. I had a profit of slightly over $80. When I first sat down I got rolled with 3 horrible beats and was down about $40 in the first 30 hands. Then everything started holding up. I flopped quad 6's when I called a raise from early position with 66. It was a 4 way pot so there was quite a bit of money in there. Then a few hands later at the same table I called an early raise with TT from the BB and flopped top set on a rainbow non connecting board. When the SB check raised I was pretty happy when 4 of us saw the turn. I then was able to check raise the turn and took down another nice pot. Overall I had AAx2, KKx1, and QQx1. Those were the only big hands I had and one AA and the KK both were bad beat but overall I just hit flops with pretty good hands and got paid. Two more days to go in the week. Tuesday night I played 2 tournaments and got fairly deep in one but ran my AQ into AK and didn’t improve and out I went. I pretty much washed out between the two and really didn’t play much as far as cash games go so I think I finished the night up something in the neighborhood of $9 or $10. But I was pretty happy with how I played the tournament so that is a good sign of things to come. Wednesday was mostly a cash game night. I spent a little over an hour playing almost 300 hands of 2/4. I won about $75 so all was good. I really have found myself enjoying the cash tables a little more than tournaments lately. It was a decent week as I did get to play a couple of hours most nights and saw a profit of over $200. Good luck in the coming week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home